Welcome!

Be sure to register in order to take full advantage of all of the awesome features this forum has!

Photo

How to Play Infernity

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#1 Love. Hate. Cherish.

Love. Hate. Cherish.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 10,156 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:30 PM

How to play Infernity:
Infernity is a very skilled deck this format. If you mess up, you will be penalized. If you play well, you will be rewarded.

How to play game 1:
The basic combo consists of having Infernity Archfiend, Necromancer, and Avenger in your graveyard. Stygian street Patrol adds to the combo when you have him in your graveyard. To get these cards in your Graveyard, use things like Infernity Inferno and Dark Grepher. All you need to set off the combo is a revival card. You get the biggest combos off when that card is not Necromancer. It is very rare that you will be able to go off fully when you start with Necromancer. Let's say for example you have Mirage in hand and a Stygian in grave. The basic combo is this:\

- Normal summon Mirage.
- Tribute it to revive Archfiend and Necromancer.
- Archfiend search Infernity Launcher.
- Play Infernity Launcher.
- Activate Necromancer's effect to bring back Avenger.
- Synchro into Hundred-Eyes Dragon.
- Use Hundred-Eyes Dragon to copy mirage.
- Tribute it and bring back Archfiend and Necromancer.
- Archfiend search Infernity Mirage.
- Remove Stygian Street Patrol to special Mirage.
- Use Necromancer to bring back Avenger.
- Use Mirage to bring back the same 3 and search Barrier number 1.
- Synchro into Infernity Doom Dragon.
- Use Hundred-Eyes to copy Mirage and tribute it for the same 3.
- Search Barrier Number 2 and synchro for Scrap Dragon (usually).
- Use Launcher to bring back the same three and search Infernity Break.
- Copy Necromancer and revive Archfiend.
- Search Barrier Number 3.

End field: Infernity Doom Dragon, Scrap Dragon (or other level 8), Hundred-Eyes Dragon, Infernity Archfiend, Infernity Break, 3 Infernity Barriers.

That is the basic idea of the deck. Now keep in mind, having these exact pieces you can synchro for 2 Armory Arm and a Colossal (Necro + Avenger twice and all three for Colossal). If they do not have any backrows, but have a monster, you can win through that loop.

Sometimes you cannot combo out fully and have to use a variation of that play depending on the situation.

The biggest thing of all when actually playing is not rushing it. Wait until you can go off safely and fully. Do this with cards like Giant Trunade and Trap Stun. Also, play Trap Stun before you attempt to go off. This way, you don't outright lose to Solemn Warning.

Things to remember:
- Avenger's effect! Remember he comes back when something else is killed and he gets their level.
- They can't Solemn Warning Launcher.
- You can Hundred-Eyes a dead Stygian Sergiants.
- Mirage is exactly 2, Launcher is up to 2.
- It's really helpful to get 2 Necromancers in grave when going off. It allows you to float one at the end of your turn. Allowing you to do even more next turn if you couldn't win the turn before.
- You can special summon Infernity Doom Dragon with Necromancer, Launcher, and Mirage.

How to side deck:
You side deck differently depending on whether you won or lost the game.

Assuming you won:
They get to go first, this is a big advantage on their part.
Take out both Grephers, Reinforcements, both Stygian, both Duality, One for One, Foolish Burial, an Inferno, a Barrier.
Put in 3 Cyber Dragon, 3 Ryko, 1 Hamster, and Mystical Space Typhoons.
You also side cards for the different matchups. Against Quickdraw, siding cards like Chain Dissapearance is amazing. It rapes Dandylion and also hits Consecrated Light.

Then play the match as close to the first game as you can. Still try to go off and make big plays. What you sided in just allows you to continue to do it after they sided. They will side in things like Rai-Oh, Consecrated Light, D.D. Crow, and Effect veiler. These cards allow you to somewhat play around these counters to your deck and still loop out, while having a control option as well.

Now lets say you won the first game, but lost the second game.
You're going to side out of the Cyber Dragons. Keep in the Rykos. Put back one Street Patrol, One for One, the Inferno, possibly Return from the DD, and both the Grephers. Leave out the other Barrier, the other Patrol, the Dualitys, and Reinforcement. You can also put Foolish back in.

Now the idea this game is to try and set up as much you can before they have a turn. You want to be able to combo out on your next turn, before they can set up a strong anti-Infernity lineup.

Specific Matchups:
X-Sabers:
You have a decent game one againt them. They don't main very heavily against your deck. The problem witht his matchup is you have little to side against them outside of the standard cards you side every game. The better X-Saber players will know that when playing Infernity they need to apply pressure. If they don't apply pressure early, use this to your advantage. Also, don't set things like Street Patrol or Avenger in this matchup so that they can Fulhlem freely. I also don't like setting Necromancer against them as they drop big monsters too easily and Necro is generally key in going off.
Quickdraw:
This matchup isn't that bad game 1 either. It's a bit worse if they are maining the Decree build, as it shuts down your Infernos. If they are, Scrap Dragon is your main out. Also, have a backup plan incase your original plan fails. Remember that they can Blackrose at any time and a failed combo can lead to a deadly Blackrose play. Game 2 and 3 you have a pretty good matchup. They don't have extra hate they side and chain dissappearance hits them really hard.
Blackwings:
This is by far Infernitys worst matchup. Icarus attack is deadly. Don't ever try to go off here when they could potentially use Icarus and you can't stop it. You'll lose. The best thing about this matchup, however, is that you won't have to deal with Consecrated Lights game 2 and 3.

This is generally how I play and it works well for me. Hope it does the same for you.

Here's my decklist:

Monsters: 14
2 Stygian Street Patrol
3 Infernity Archfiend
1 Infernity Avenger
1 Infernity Beetle
2 Infernity Mirage
3 Infernity Necromancer
2 Dark Grepher

Spells: 11
1 Infernity Launcher
2 Book of Moon
2 Pot of Duality
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Giant Trunade
1 One for One
1 Foolish Burial

Traps: 15
3 Infernity Inferno
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Infernity Break
3 Infernity Barrier
1 Solemn Judgment
2 Solemn Warning
2 Trap Stun

Extra Deck:
2 Armory Arm
1 Colossal Fighter
3 Hundred-Eyes Dragon
1 Infernity Doom Dragon
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Stygian Sergeants
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Goyo Guardian
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Ally of Justice Catator
1 Mist Wurm

Side Deck: 15
1 Card Trooper
2 Cyber Dragon
3 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
1 Super-Nimble Mega Hamster
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Starlight Road
2 Hero's Rule 2
2 Bottomless Trap Hole

Edited by Love. Hate. Cherish., 25 November 2010 - 07:35 PM.

#2 xDOONANx

xDOONANx

You dun goofed.

• Members
  • 7,591 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:17 PM

this is very informative, and i learned a lot form it.

will you help my deck? i really needhelp on a side, and from what i gathere dhere, yours would be very different form mine. so help me? D:

#3 MrMcThrasher

MrMcThrasher

Reign In Blood

• Members
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:27 PM

That was pretty informative. Thank you, it will help me build the deck should I ever want to build one.
I, however, lack the attention span to play Infernities effectively.
Posted Image

#4 Love. Hate. Cherish.

Love. Hate. Cherish.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 10,156 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:56 PM

this is very informative, and i learned a lot form it.

will you help my deck? i really needhelp on a side, and from what i gathere dhere, yours would be very different form mine. so help me? D:

Potsted.

#5 Achilles

Achilles

Advanced Member

• Hall of Fame
  • 27,164 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:04 PM

I, however, lack the attention span to play Infernities effectively.

You will never be great at this game without a good attention span.

Posted Image

#6 Fallen

Fallen

Nobody

• » Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,150 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:24 PM

Dare I say Infernities takes more skill than Gladiators?

Yes I do.

#7 Love. Hate. Cherish.

Love. Hate. Cherish.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 10,156 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:46 PM

Yeah, I'd agree.

#8 MrMcThrasher

MrMcThrasher

Reign In Blood

• Members
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:16 PM

You will never be great at this game without a good attention span.

I'm fine with other decks, but Infernities for me seem to rely on that combo, and it seems like something I would miss more than occasionally.
Posted Image

#9 Khaki Coat

Khaki Coat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:15 PM

Dare I say Infernities takes more skill than Gladiators?

Yes I do.

Yeah, I'd agree.

Can I third this?

Thanks for the article, awesome, especially on the siding part. Going Infernity round 1 is as easy as hell, but the 2nd round usually proves to be much more difficult. Need an input though, how do you handle Effect Veiler (aside from Barrier), since a lot of people main Veiler in my area.
Posted Image

#10 xDOONANx

xDOONANx

You dun goofed.

• Members
  • 7,591 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:50 AM

there really isn't a way around veiler, except having another way to go off right after veiler, or barrier if you have it.

#11 Horus003

Horus003

The End

• Members
  • 4,708 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:13 AM

This is actually a very useful beginner's guide, good job.

Team Captain

Posted Image
East Coast Kings

#12 Ira Aeterna

Ira Aeterna

I don't wanna ever see you again

• » Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,057 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:24 AM

Once again, a good write-up. I've been telling the people at my locals who use infernity that they should really use 2 Armory Arm now instead of just the one, but no one will listen. They don't get that it's important to be able to Colossal loop at any time and get that extra 850-1850 range that you're missing with only one. Having two lets you loop on things like

Infernity Archfiend
Dark Grepher
used Fulhelmknight
Airbellum
Bora the Spear
Kalut the Moon Shadow
Blizzard the North
Gale the Whirlwind

and stuff like that. They don't realize how common a monster is right now with 850-1850 attack. Yes, synchros have made 2000+'s plentiful, but there's still OFTEN monsters under the 1850 mark.

"You can't be half a gangster."
Posted Image

Posted Image

Ira Aeterna :: 9 :: 2\\ Team [ETC] Ira Aeterna 4 :: 2

The Men from Nowhere :: 9 :: 1

ETC Winter Deckbuilding Contest Winner 2010

Trade Thread // References (14)

#13 Copy

Copy

Insanely Amazing

• Members
  • 9,487 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:29 PM

Great thread Pat. If I had 2 more barriers I would consider running infernities. I like them a lot better now that its not just a go off with three launchers and win deck. The deck actually takes a lot of skill to use successfully.

Posted Image

#14 TheSevenSwords

TheSevenSwords

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:28 AM

Great thread Pat. If I had 2 more barriers I would consider running infernities. I like them a lot better now that its not just a go off with three launchers and win deck. The deck actually takes a lot of skill to use successfully.

^Agreed^

#15 Love. Hate. Cherish.

Love. Hate. Cherish.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 10,156 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:12 PM

I play Gold Sarc now.

#16 Copy

Copy

Insanely Amazing

• Members
  • 9,487 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:33 PM

Maining this right now? Im still considering it if I can get Barriers for cheap maybe.

Posted Image

#17 TheSevenSwords

TheSevenSwords

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:21 PM

I play Gold Sarc now.

What happened to your argument against running it? Or was that simply an X-Saber thing?

#18 Ira Aeterna

Ira Aeterna

I don't wanna ever see you again

• » Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,057 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:09 AM

What happened to your argument against running it? Or was that simply an X-Saber thing?

He was prob referring to sabers specifically, but he's also very bipolar about some cards

"You can't be half a gangster."
Posted Image

Posted Image

Ira Aeterna :: 9 :: 2\\ Team [ETC] Ira Aeterna 4 :: 2

The Men from Nowhere :: 9 :: 1

ETC Winter Deckbuilding Contest Winner 2010

Trade Thread // References (14)

#19 Love. Hate. Cherish.

Love. Hate. Cherish.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 10,156 posts