Photo

Scrolls - this upcoming TCG looks awesome

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brenbren

Brenbren

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:00 AM

I'm sure some of you have heard of or played Minecraft. It's a really innovative sandbox game that has gained huge popularity lately.
The indy company that developed this game have recently announced their next project - Scrolls.
Scrolls will be a trading card/board game combo. They have some interesting ideas going on about how to make this game, so I'm sure it will be something refreshing.
You can visit the official Scrolls site at http://scrolls.com

There is an up to date Scrolls Wiki and Scrolls Forums as well!

Posted Image

#2 Sage

Sage

Green-Eyed Lookalike

• » Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,152 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:04 AM

The grammar mistake really turns me off and I haven't read anything about it. It makes the game seem unprofessional already.

Also seems very simplistic.

#3 Knift-e

Knift-e

Indie Game Dev

• Members
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:51 PM

The grammar mistake really turns me off and I haven't read anything about it. It makes the game seem unprofessional already.

Also seems very simplistic.

I might sound like a dick, but what grammar mistakes?

My opinion is also that it seems too simplistic, but not original enough to play.

For example, Puzzle strike is simplistic, but it's original and able to be played for something that is similar. I can see every game play mechanic that Scrolls says they incorporate in Yu-Gi-Oh! in one way or another.

Shaco.png

#4 Nomad

Nomad

Next to be inspired

• » Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,641 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:01 PM

He's likely taking about the early synax.

For starters, when the card says "All Trolls next to Abuser is healed", it should really be saying "are healed" because the possibility of more than one Troll is suggested. Along with that, "owner" should either be capitalzed to establish itself as a name, or otherwise changed to "the owner" to establish itself as a designation.

I guess it's something to work on, but it's not like Yugioh or the other cardgames "always" uses the best English either, especially when you consider how space & simplicity are often favored over straight up sentence structure. Along with that, the language could easily have been like that intentionally for the sake of relating to the whole "Troll" stereotype.

Posted Image

work by Johnny :)

Trade List / Refs

- Twitter - Midnight TCG - Youtube -

Don't hate on the bitches.