Photo

REALLY Random question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 MrMcThrasher

MrMcThrasher

Reign In Blood

• Members
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:02 PM

To make a long story short...
My opponent has one faceup Gachi Gachi Ganetsu on the field, with both XYZ material, and 1 Venom counter.
I summon a Venom Snake, and use the effect, and since Venom Swamp is on the field...
1. Shouldn't he be destroyed? My reasoning is that Swamp is kinda a continuous effect, and he would be killed anyway, because the Venom counters have not gone anywhere.
2. Assuming my opponent was right, and he isn't destroyed for some strange reason, where would the counters go then?
Posted Image

#2 MysticalDL

MysticalDL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

no it would not die, because if you read Gachi Gachi, it gains 200 attack for each XYZ material, meaning it will still have 400 attack after taking a 500 Attack reduction due to the Venom Counter and Venom Swamp effects.
Posted Image

#3 Nomad

Nomad

Next to be inspired

• » Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,647 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:44 PM

Well, the way I'm reading the Ewok question (please let me know if I'm misinterpreting something here), there was 1 Venom Counter on Gachi Gachi to start with, and then a 2nd counter was placed onto it with Venom Snake's effect. Due to Venom Swamp's presence, Gachi Gachi should lose 1000 ATK in total.

Since that's more of a loss than he had to begin with (500+400=900), Gachi Gachi should be destroyed by Venom Swamp's effect as soon as the 2nd counter is placed on him, what with the fact that his ATK has been reduced to 0 with it

Posted Image

work by Johnny :)

Trade List / Refs

- Twitter - Midnight TCG - Youtube -

Don't hate on the bitches.