Photo

Card Fight Vangaurd

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 Skully

Skully

So Here I Am

• » Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

Started playing this last week, really like it so far, only have the royal paladin starter with a bracon or whatever his name is in it and a luel. Anyone else try it out yet?

Posted Image

#2 MYL

MYL

Short Bus All-Star

• Members
  • 5,870 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

it does look like a fun game and i thought about picking up a starter deck but i dont know of anyone in my area thats interested in it. :(

Edited by MYL, 27 February 2012 - 03:05 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

@wwehornswoggle Thank U but not needed. Its what friends do – talk it out. Plus, if U took a swing at me you'd hit my balls. #NoBallShots

#3 Kaiser Gogeta

Kaiser Gogeta

finesse

• Members
  • 7,349 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

Yeah I picked up the two starter decks. Is this the official English release?

Would you give a fuck what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?

#4 Skully

Skully

So Here I Am

• » Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

Yeah it is officially released, still running Royal Pals, have the entire deck now tho, won three tournaments so far, seconde place in one since I did not realize 10 cards from deck were on the floor the entire tournament O_O

Posted Image

#5 Saint Christopher

Saint Christopher

Nickel City Saint

• » Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,054 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

Is there a place where I can play online and decide if I like it before committing cash to cards?

ocl8Bev.png

#6 Skully

Skully

So Here I Am

• » Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

I think it's called card fight capital

Posted Image

#7 bherrell2

bherrell2

bag of mashed up assholes

• [banned idiot]Banned Idiots
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

Is there a place where I can play online and decide if I like it before committing cash to cards?

There are only a few locations in the US that offer any tournaments.http://www.pojo.biz/...d.php?t=1039361 is a list of them.

I would be interested in starting this game if it ever gets really big, bigger than yugioh. Until then, I find it rather questionable to spend a good chunk of change (as this game isn't cheap either) on cards you can't play with.
Posted Image

#8 Skully

Skully

So Here I Am

• » Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

I was able to build the complete deck I wanted for 50$ but I traded a lot.

Posted Image

#9 Kaiser Gogeta

Kaiser Gogeta

finesse

• Members
  • 7,349 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

Okay, I was worried about the price of building a Royal Paladin deck but at least it's manageable.
Also, I'm hearing that Set 6 in Japan will be released simultaneously stateside as Set 3, and that Trial Decks 5 and 6 will be released stateside as 3 and 4. This means that Sets 3, 4, and 5 are skipped for now. I wanted me some English Blaster Darks. =(

Edited by Kaiser Gogeta, 05 April 2012 - 05:11 PM.

Would you give a fuck what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?

#10 So Lyst Year

So Lyst Year

Stewart's Key Lime Fountain Classics

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

I don't get why games don't follow Magic's footsteps and just release everything at the same time and have you able to use everything ever printed :/

Posted Image

FifteenStoryFall (11:20:58 PM): I tried to read the bible once when I was way younger
FifteenStoryFall (11:21:08 PM): I think I got through like fifty pages and was like grape this
FifteenStoryFall (11:21:14 PM): and played more Duke Nukem 3D instead
omgsephy (11:21:20 PM): good choice
FifteenStoryFall (11:21:29 PM): best choice of my childhood, I think

#11 GoblinsElite

GoblinsElite

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

royal paladin decks and oracle think tank decks would probably be the most expensive decks to build, from my experience so far. Nova Grapplers are the way to go if you wanna budget and still win. The most expensive cards in nova grapplers are 10-12$ each, compared to paladins where there are 20-35$ cards. Commons are 1.50 each for a set of a card on ebay. But if you plan on starting vanguard, I suggest wait for the next set of trial decks coming out within a month or so and get those because royal paladins and kagero are pretty expensive decks to build if you dont wanna commit. CFV is already pretty huge in Asia, itll eventually have it's turn here in the US once people start getting pissed at konami for banning every card that wont make them money.

#12 Kaiser Gogeta

Kaiser Gogeta

finesse

• Members
  • 7,349 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

I was able to pull an Amaterasu and trade it for a good amount of Royal Paladin stuff, it's a shame that their clan and Kagero won't be getting support in future releases (Japanese Set 6 onward).

#13 GoblinsElite

GoblinsElite

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

yah true, I hope they release sets 3-5 eventually and dont censor the cards' pictures by taking off blood or cleavage. I was lucky enough to pull a rrr dragonic overlord and alfred when I won 2 boosters from a local ygo tourny. But I finally got my second soul saver dragon,alfred, and young pegasus knight for one of my maxx cs. All I need is 2 Flash shields and my deck is pretty much set for tournament play.

#14 big D stuntin

big D stuntin

We all swim in a sea of pride

• Members
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:13 AM

nova grappler all the way they won au nats and i finished it just gotta wait for japanese set 4 to come out and its complete and their set 6 will be our next set and then 5 and so on

Edited by big D stuntin, 16 April 2012 - 04:15 AM.

wceagy.png
[ My h/w list ][ Refs ][ Youtube ]
Alex Drees
YCS Chicago - day 2
YCS Indy - day 2
7 regionals top 8's
Qualified for U.S. Nationals

#15 MYL

MYL

Short Bus All-Star

• Members
  • 5,870 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

i spent the whole day yesterday hanging out with a friend and learning to play. i really liked the Spike Brothers deck and he offered to sell it to me for $120 and he would add in some more stuff to get going. think i should invest in starting this game?

Posted Image
Posted Image

@wwehornswoggle Thank U but not needed. Its what friends do – talk it out. Plus, if U took a swing at me you'd hit my balls. #NoBallShots

#16 big D stuntin

big D stuntin

• Members
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

spike brother really good kinda like gbs but way better
wceagy.png
Alex Drees
YCS Chicago - day 2
YCS Indy - day 2
7 regionals top 8's

#17 GoblinsElite

GoblinsElite

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

This is a list, for those who are new, of all the current viable clans in the game right now and their estimated prices. Hope this aids in your decision.

-nova grapplers-stand units that have already attacked, giving your units the power to attack more than once (100$-120$)
-granblue-resurrects units and makes use of the drop zone to give you an edge (100-150$)
-spike bros.-Calls units to the field during battle to give you the chance of pulling off a massive blitzkrieg on your opponent. (100$-120$)
-kagero-Retires units on the field, giving you field advantage. (depends on what build youre running 100-150$)
-Oracle think tank-Gives crazy draw power and top deck advantage, giving you a hand that will never be short of units for guarding and attacking. You are also able to look at the top card of your deck, with some units, and decide whether you want to leave the card on top or put it on the bottom. Thus giving the clan a kind of "fortune telling" power. (200$)
-Royal Paladin-Dont know what to say, they're just good. This is what I personally run and the hardest matches for me are always kagero decks and sometimes Spike Bros. But other than that, I win against the other clans. (200$)
-Angel Feather(set 6)-utilizes damage dealt to you by being able to call units from your damage zone or being able to add damage to your hand.(probably going to be 150-200$)

Theres no such thing as top tier decks in this game. Each deck has their advantages and weaknesses, its just that some clans can exploit those weaknesses more than other clans. It is possible to mix 2, or even 3, clans in one deck, but I personally think it should stay as one clan considering drive triggers only work if the clan is the same as the attacking unit. But running 1-3 units from a different clan wont hurt. I run 2 Mr Invincibles (nova grappler) in my royal paladin deck, just because they can unflip damage and soul charge, which is a useful tool that outweighs the need for the drive triggers.

Edited by GoblinsElite, 06 May 2012 - 03:21 PM.

#18 big D stuntin

big D stuntin

• Members
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

well heres my list so others can see it
Posted Image
wceagy.png
Alex Drees
YCS Chicago - day 2
YCS Indy - day 2
7 regionals top 8's

#19 JiB

JiB

Seventy Times 7

• » Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,474 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

new set is out, i started playing, was hoping there was more of a community for this.. cant seem to find one :/

I loved this site and met many friends as well.  I was talking to a bunch of older members about some issues I was having with some members on here and they all advised me to cut all ties with ETC and move on.  No use trying to be a part of a graveyard if you can't even be burried there.  Anyway, best of luck ETC, you will need it. 

Farewell after 8 years,

JiB - 2013
jpaotz.gif