Photo

Field card ????

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Clown!

Mr.Clown!

Need more time in the day.

• Members
  • 5,211 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:22 AM

if u use demise of the land with Geartown on th field face up would geartown get its eff or dos it miss its timeing. also duse the Meklord Fortress do the same.

#2 Twitter

Twitter

etc is gay

• Members
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

Geartown will miss its timing if you play a 2nd Field Spell FACE-UP. If you set a new one, Geartown being destroyed via a mechanic will be the last thing to occur, so you will be allowed to activate the effect of Geartown.

Meklord Fortress is the same as Geartown. Going to the graveyard has to be the absolute last thing to happen in order for these effects to trigger. A rule of thumb in knowing when something misses timing is when the text has the words "when" and "can." For example;

Face-up "Meklord Emperor" monsters you control cannot be targeted by the effects of Synchro Monsters. When this card on the field is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 "Meklord Emperor" monster from your Deck to your hand.

If it's optional, it can miss timing. Hope this helped a bit. Also a tid-bit, if anything like MST or Dust Tornado is chained to these, you dont get the effects.

#3 Mr.Clown!

Mr.Clown!

• Members
  • 5,211 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

ok what if i have a face down geartown. could i even activate demise of the land. or what would happen. i dont think u could but idont know

#4 Twitter

Twitter

etc is gay

• Members
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

yeah but it would miss timing if you played demise of the land faceup

#5 Mr.Clown!

Mr.Clown!

• Members
  • 5,211 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

so what u are saying the geartown would miss its timing if i used demise why geartown is face down.

#6 Vanilla Ice

Vanilla Ice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

To make thing easy: if you have a geartown in your field card zone, whenever a field card is activated face-up, geartown will be sent to grave. At this time, geartown can't activate its effect since the face-up field card needs to resolve first.

Tl; dr, face-up, face-down, if any field card is played face-up over geartown, it will miss its timing to activate.

#7 Cin

Cin

Creator of Weird Decks

• » Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,952 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

It depends if the Geartown that's faceup it's yours or not. The rulings for Geartown are:
  • The effect of "Geartown" is optional, so if the last thing to resolve is not the destruction of "Geartown", then you cannot activate the effect of "Geartown" which Special Summons the "Ancient Gear" monster. If something resolves after "Geartown" is destroyed, then you miss the timing and cannot activate the effect.
  • If your "Geartown" is destroyed because your opponent activated a Field Spell Card, then the last thing to resolve is the destruction of "Geartown". Thus, you can activate its effect and Special Summon an "Ancient Gear" monster.
  • If your "Geartown" is destroyed because you activated a new Field Spell Card, then after "Geartown" is destroyed you resolve the effect of the new Field Spell Card. Thus, you miss the timing and cannot activate the effect which Special Summons an "Ancient Gear" monster.
  • If your "Geartown" is destroyed because you Set a new Field Spell Card face-down, then the last thing to resolve is "Geartown" being destroyed. Thus, you can activate its effect and Special Summon an "Ancient Gear" monster.

Edited by Cin, 04 July 2012 - 06:50 PM.

2 + 2 = 5

#8 DJ_Marucho

DJ_Marucho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:32 PM

so if i destroy geartown with a face up meklord foretress... and got an ancient gadjiltron... i was cheating 0.o???

whoops ..
http://yugiohetcforu...wilight-hawhaa/ <<<----- its good stuff :D:D:D