Photo

Fishborg Archer

g1Nz0 YCS Top 32 Tournament Deck Duel Mermail Wind-Up Macro Rabbit Agent

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 g1Nz0

g1Nz0

Misanthropy Pure

• Administrators
  • 12,964 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

Posted Image

If you control no monsters and this card is in your Graveyard: You can discard 1 WATER monster; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard, also at the start of your Battle Phase this turn, destroy all non-WATER monsters you control. You can only use the effect of "Fishborg Archer" once per turn.

New toy for Atlantean Mermails? Discuss.

ViciousHearts-NobleDead-20-Hootie_zps485

#2 DSS

DSS

Keep Calm and Throw a Blanket Over It

• Yu-Gi-Oh! Moderator
  • 12,372 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

grape all life as we know it
Current Deck: BWs
Trades

#3 2ndbestduelist

2ndbestduelist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:13 AM

Like Atlantean Mermails needed more support? This card is absolutely broke. Its essentially a free level three for XYZ but furthermore, it activates the water effects EVERY TURN. I thought we told Konami no more ridiculously broken cards. They didn't even bother putting a restriction on it like "remove this card from play after its special summoned by this effect" or something along those lines. And even the destruction effect has some value. If people want to be creative and combine them with the fire avatars, it would work out well for them. Obviously, this is not the optimal way of running this card but I'm proving a point. Its broke.

Also, Merry Christmas =)

#4 DKMagicianGirl

DKMagicianGirl

The Skilled Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

Oh sure, give another powerful dump weapon for Genex Undine, why don't ya?

Normal Summon Undine, dump Fishborg Archer, get Controller, activate Archer's effect, discard Dragoons, SS Archer, search with Dragoons, go into Dewloren or any Rank 3 Xyz (Leviathan, Acid Golem, even Zenmaines since if it gets destroyed via Archer's effect, it can bypass it and automatically trigger its effect to destroy a card at the end of that same turn without any other help).

Thanks a lot Konami.

Edited by DKMagicianGirl, 25 December 2012 - 08:51 PM.

It's only rape if you don't pass priority.

#5 Fatamorgana

Fatamorgana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

Except Archer says: "If you control no monsters" so the scenario above doesn't work. Or are you talking anout single turn? Or two turns?
"There are no miracles in this world. There are only accidents, inevitables and things you can do."

#6 Sheik_the_Geek

Sheik_the_Geek

*Viewtiful Sexy*

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

They should have stopped at Launcher and Planter. This is basically what Launcher should have been, a playable, yet balance form of Blaster. The problem now is Mermail Atlanteans exist. Its a level 3 tuner, so it does limit your options, but that deck will obviously play at least 1 of this and abuse it to no end.
Resident Hater of GBs

Posted Image
Kenny Omega vs Haruko

"I would rather listen to a recording of J.R. than a live Michael Cole." - Edge

1st: Hidden Arsenal 3 Box Opening
2nd: SpellBreaking your Bawlz
3rd: Pure Fables

#7 g1Nz0

g1Nz0

Misanthropy Pure

• Administrators
  • 12,964 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

I think it's good, but I think the condition that says you can't control a Monster to summon him is key to it not getting out of hand.

It wouldn't be a constant discard resource to abuse which is key.

ViciousHearts-NobleDead-20-Hootie_zps485

#8 DKMagicianGirl

DKMagicianGirl

The Skilled Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Except Archer says: "If you control no monsters" so the scenario above doesn't work. Or are you talking anout single turn? Or two turns?

Yeah, I did forget that part.

Never mind then. I'm quite glad to see that part there now.

Even then, it is still an excellent discard fodder and a constant discard weapon in your graveyard for multiple uses. I could even see Mermails teching Foolish Burial if they get that much value out of Fishborg Launcher.

Which, in that case, my above scenario will still happen just the same.

Edited by DKMagicianGirl, 27 December 2012 - 07:03 PM.

It's only rape if you don't pass priority.