Photo

Card ruling for Evolzar Dolkka

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 methos

methos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Hi . I ' ve got a question about Evolzar Dolkkas ' effect . I was dueling a guy and he summoned Evolzar Velphito . Velphitos ' effect activates when he ' s summoned . So can I use Dolkkas ' effect to negate Velphitos ' effect ? Are there restrictions to how , what when where Dolkkas ' effect can be used ? Any help will be greatly appreciated !!

#2 g1Nz0

g1Nz0

Misanthropy Pure

• Administrators
  • 12,592 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

The only Velphito I know of is this Synchro Monster which is a Jurrac, not Evolzar. If this is not the Monster you are talking about, find out it's name and get back to me. But, in case this is, what you need is below.

Posted Image

Here is the part of Velphito's effect that Dolkka can negate:

If this card attacks a face-down Defense Position monster, you can destroy the monster immediately with this card's effect without flipping it face-up or applying damage calculation.

• This effect of Velphito is a Trigger effect.

Here is the part of Velphito's effect that Dolkka cannot negate:

This card's ATK and DEF are equal to the total original ATK of the Synchro Material Monsters used for its Synchro Summon.

• This effect of Velphito is a Continuous effect which does not start a Chain; this is why Dolkka cannot negate it.

Edited by g1Nz0, 11 January 2013 - 09:27 PM.

ViciousHearts-NobleDead-20-Hootie_zps485

RedDotsSignatureStock500x20_zpsbc842178.

#3 g1Nz0

g1Nz0

Misanthropy Pure

• Administrators
  • 12,592 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Here are some Evolzar Dolkka particulars you may need in the future:
  • Detaching 1 Xyz Material is a cost.
  • This effect must be chained directly to the activation of an Effect Monster's effect, and it doesn't target.
  • This effect can be activated during the Damage Step.
  • The effect of "Evolzar Dolkka" can be activated in a chain to the effect of an Effect Monster that is activated during the Damage Step. Also, the effect of "Evolzar Dolkka" can be activated in a chain to the effect of "Honest" even if it was activated during Damage Calculation.
  • If the effect of an Effect Monster is activated in the same chain as the effect of "Evolzar Dolkka", the effect of "Evolzar Dolkka" can be activated once again in the same chain. Also, an "Evolzar Dolkka" that activated its effect cannot activate its effect once again in response to the activation of its own effect.

#4 methos

methos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Hi . Sorry about that , I went back to the person I had been dueling and it was Evolzar Titano he had used . I thought it was Velphito but I was wrong . After I read your post , I asked him and he corrected me . So now that I 've got that straightened out . Could , or would you give me a ruling concerning those two cards ? Any help will be appreciated , and once again sorry about the wrong card in my last post . Thanx !!

#5 g1Nz0

g1Nz0

Misanthropy Pure

• Administrators
  • 12,592 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

The only Titano I know of is this Monster which is a Jurrac, not Evolzar. If this is not the Monster you are talking about, find out it's name and get back to me. But, in case this is, what you need is below.

Posted Image

Dolkka cannot negate Summon Conditions, so this part of Titano's effect cannot be negated.

This card cannot be Special Summoned.

Dolkka cannot negate this part of the effect since Continuous Effects do not start a Chain.

While face-up on the field, this card cannot be targeted by the effects of Traps or Effect Monsters.

Dolkka can negate this part of the effect. This is an Ignition effect.

Once per turn, you can remove from play 1 "Jurrac" monster with 1700 or less ATK from your Graveyard to have this card gain 1000 ATK until the End Phase.

#6 methos

methos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hi . Hey g1NzO I ' ve finally found out for sure what card it was that I was trying to find out about . It was Jurrac Giganoto . All face up jurrac monsters you control gain 200 attk for each Jurrac monster in your graveyard . I 'm assuming his eff activates when he ' s summoned . At least that ' s what the guy I ' d been dueling had said . Can you give me a ruling on this ? Sorry about all of the mistakes figuring this out ! Thanx for the help !!

#7 Tsunayoshi

Tsunayoshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 12,172 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Hi . Hey g1NzO I ' ve finally found out for sure what card it was that I was trying to find out about . It was Jurrac Giganoto . All face up jurrac monsters you control gain 200 attk for each Jurrac monster in your graveyard . I 'm assuming his eff activates when he ' s summoned . At least that ' s what the guy I ' d been dueling had said . Can you give me a ruling on this ? Sorry about all of the mistakes figuring this out ! Thanx for the help !!

Giganoto is continuous, so it can not be negated by Dollka.

fs_lastplayed.png

JunonSig.png

#8 methos

methos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

So , let me see if I 've got this right . Dolkka can 't negate a continuous effect ? I 'm glad you told me , because I had no idea . Thanx very much . Makes me glad ETC forum is ther .

#9 Tsunayoshi

Tsunayoshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 12,172 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

So , let me see if I 've got this right . Dolkka can 't negate a continuous effect ? I 'm glad you told me , because I had no idea . Thanx very much . Makes me glad ETC forum is ther .

Continuous effects do not activate. They are always active.

fs_lastplayed.png

JunonSig.png

#10 g1Nz0

g1Nz0

Misanthropy Pure

• Administrators
  • 12,592 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Continuous effects do not activate. They are always active.

First, thanks for getting to this Tsuna.

I think it would be said like this, although you are correct'ish:

Continuous Effects do not activate; They are applied. They appear, or apply, as soon as the Monster is known to be successfully summoned.

Edited by g1Nz0, 12 January 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#11 methos

methos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Thanx for the tutorial . I ' ve never heard of an effect applying before , but when I think about it , it makes sense . Thanx again !

#12 Tsunayoshi

Tsunayoshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 12,172 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Thanx for the tutorial . I ' ve never heard of an effect applying before , but when I think about it , it makes sense . Thanx again !

Its more like they are just there.

fs_lastplayed.png

JunonSig.png