Photo

Mecha Phantom Beast - Decktype Discussion

Yugioh YCS Top 32 Dueling Network Ban List Fire Fist Wind-Up Macro Rabbit Mermail Tournament

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 g Note

g Note

Misanthropy Pure

• Administrators
  • 14,974 posts
  • DN:ETC G
  • DevPro:g Note

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

Deck Discussion Wrote By: Casey

Mecha Phantom Beast is a new subtype of the Phantom Beast archtype that debuts in Lord Of The Tachyon Galaxy. They revolve around summoning Mecha Phantom Beast Tokens (Wind/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0) to alter their levels, protect themselves, & activate their effects. The tokens can be summoned in either position. Also if you have at least 1 token of any kind out & a mass destruction card like Dark Hole, Needle Ceiling, or Torrential Tribute is activated by either player then your token & non Mecha Phantom Beast monsters are destroyed but the rest survive. They are all Wind, Machine-Type monsters that are planes modeled after animals. They are able to make rank 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, & 10 XYZs from their level altering effects. There is 1 thing you must keep in mind when playing with or against this deck: Which type of token you have determines which effects you get. If you have a Mecha Phantom Beast Token then you will get all 3 effects (level altering, indestructibility, & a monster specific effect). If you have a token like a Rose Token out then you only get the indestructibility & monster specific effects. Remember that for later on.

Monsters:

Spoiler

Spells:

Spoiler

Traps:

Spoiler

Extra Deck:

Spoiler

Additional Support:

Dark Hole/Needle Ceiling/Torrential Tribute - As stated before, just 1 token saves your field.
Pot Of Duality - This deck needs a little speed to get going & this helps so much.
Machine Duplication - Only run this on the off chance you run 3 Ray-Stealth & 3 Cyber Valley.
Terraforming/Orichalcos - If you run Black Garden then you need Terra. Orichalcos stops your opponent from beating over your tokens making a soft lock.
Token Stampede - Makes your tokens slightly harder to kill.
Gorz - Stops big pushes & it summons a TOKEN.
Gozen/Rivalry - All the main decked monsters are wind/machine, but be careful because a mistimed activation could kill your extra deck.
CyDra/CFD/System Down - Great to make the mirror match 1 sided.

Combos:
There arent too many combos you'll see with this deck. Mega-Raptor will be at the heart of all of them though. Here are the 2 most common combos:

Combo #1:

Normal Summon Mecha Phantom Beast Mega-Raptor
Do whatever
Activate Black Garden
End
Your opponent summons a monster.
Black Garden activates halving its ATK & summoning a token to your field.
Raptor effect activates summoning a token to your field
Black Garden activates & summons a token to your opponent's field.

Combo #2

Mega-Raptor face-up on the field
Normal Summon Tether-Wolf/Flip Summon Ham-Strato
Summon tokens
Raptor summons a token

Playing Against Mecha Phantom Beasts

Spoiler

Good Matchups:

Im not going to say this deck has any 1 matchup that is an autowin unless you vs. something that summons tokens to your field. The truth is that this deck isnt going to manhandle anything because it takes skill. You can beat any deck as long as you play smart. 1 misplay could kill you.

Bad Matchups:

Inzektors - If they get going early they can destroy all your tokens before they go for your monsters making the tokens useless. Obviously this isnt the only deck they beat so dont feel too bad.

Deck Variants:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Phantom Beast Plane Deck

Orignal Topic Post

Spoiler

Edited by g1Nz0, 17 February 2013 - 11:46 PM.

• Mad Hatter and iSΩΩTtrains like this

FmZPwGr.png

#2 Fresh

Fresh

Advanced Member

• Yu-Gi-Oh! Moderator
  • 16,891 posts
  • DN:Williamsftd

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

I've found the best way to use these guys is with The Seal or to spam Drago-Sac with the help of Machina engine. The decks main problem is it can't spit out tokens fast enough and it sucks at top decking unless you have a token on board. Fires of Doomsday and Scapegoat have helped some but not enough. I personally think Scramble and Barrel Roll are terrible. Especially Barrel Roll. The cost is just too much and most of the time I found my opponent having a follow up play. Aerial Charge I found is great for Mega-Raptor and Tether Wolf plays and just for protecting your guys in general. Black Falcon helps in taking down almost anything with the Seal up. Strato is the only monster you want to set as drawing Stealth sucks mid-late game.

#3 DSS

DSS

Ja see

• Yu-Gi-Oh! Moderator
  • 12,763 posts
  • DN:ETCDSS

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

You know people will want the deck based upon Starfox references.

Opp: "Dark Hole"
You: "Do a Barrel Roll!"
  • Mad Hatter and Vanilla Ice like this
Current Deck: BWs
Trades

#4 g Note

g Note

Misanthropy Pure

• Administrators
  • 14,974 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

I hated that game, for real!
  • iSΩΩTtrains likes this

FmZPwGr.png

#5 Mr.Clown!

Mr.Clown!

Need more time in the day.

• Members
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Intresting tokens suport. Why no like starfox games. not like blue furrys with big sticks. (and i am talling about Crystal not a blue bird)

#6 MrMcThrasher

MrMcThrasher

Reign In Blood

• Members
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

I actually like this Archtype. Interesting concept at least.
Posted Image

#7 Vanilla Ice

Vanilla Ice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

They are annoying as hell. Your opponent has 1 weak monster and you know it will be disastrous if he xyz next turn. You need to kill that momster. But, wait! You need to kill the 2-3 small tokens before you can take out the monster. Man, what a pain in da ass.

#8 thewriterperson

thewriterperson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 619 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

I do hate playing against this.

#9 g Note

g Note

Misanthropy Pure

• Administrators
  • 14,974 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

I'd still be interested in seeing a build. Token Sundae seems pretty good in this.

FmZPwGr.png

#10 thewriterperson

thewriterperson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 619 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

I'd still be interested in seeing a build. Token Sundae seems pretty good in this.

Yes even obelisk is hungry and vanilla ice.

#11 Tsunayoshi

Tsunayoshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 12,172 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

I'd still be interested in seeing a build. Token Christmas seems pretty good in this.

Already said that is will sorta mandatory in the deck. Just dont know in what number.

fs_lastplayed.png

JunonSig.png

#12 Fresh

Fresh

Advanced Member

• Yu-Gi-Oh! Moderator
  • 16,891 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Well 3 of everything besides Ray Stealth, one of the hand traps, triple Token Sundae, Scapegoat, 2 Fires of Doomsday/Fiends Sanctuary and the rest standard

#13 Zamurai Cris

Zamurai Cris

Lurk Harder

• Members
  • 4,284 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

I'd be interested in maining this deck, due to it being mechanical in nature. Like, I would love a simple example of how a first turn this archetype would dish out.
Posted Image
PowerCrazy for Admin 2013. Support the Iron Fisting Regime.
Come follow my stream at www.twitch.tv/zamuraicris

#14 Casey

Casey

SIP MY HATERADE

• Members
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Too bad there aren't more cards that work with any token. Parasitic Ticky, Token Sundae, Token Thanksgiving, Token Christmas, Token Feastevil, & Token Stampede are the only ones & just Sundae, Christmas, & MAYBE Stampede are playable & even those last 2 arent game changing.
Posted Image
PSN ID: Mman12251990
If you friend request me leave a message like "this is _____ from ETC" or ill ignore it.

#15 Fresh

Fresh

Advanced Member

• Yu-Gi-Oh! Moderator
  • 16,891 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Too bad there aren't more cards that work with any token. Parasitic Ticky, Token Sundae, Token Thanksgiving, Token Christmas, Token Feastevil, & Token Stampede are the only ones & just Sundae, Christmas, & MAYBE Stampede are playable & even those last 2 arent game changing.

Hopefully Konami releases more playable Token support. I'd like to see this deck be competitive. Nothing broke or anything but enough to be able compete with the top decks.

#16 Casey

Casey

SIP MY HATERADE

• Members
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Hopefully Konami releases more playable Token support. I'd like to see this deck be competitive. Nothing broke or anything but enough to be able compete with the top decks.

Theres already so many things you can play that arent specifically token support it kinda makes up for it now that I think about it. Cyber Valley is nice in here.
Posted Image
If you friend request me leave a message like "this is _____ from ETC" or ill ignore it.

#17 g Note

g Note

Misanthropy Pure

• Administrators
  • 14,974 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

I will be officially be testing this deck for the next week to see what's up.

FmZPwGr.png

#18 Fresh

Fresh

Advanced Member

• Yu-Gi-Oh! Moderator
  • 16,891 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

Theres already so many things you can play that arent specifically token support it kinda makes up for it now that I think about it. Cyber Valley is nice in here.

The deck just needs one or two more good monsters and a good spell/trap that generates tokens. Drago-Sac is something else. So easy to bring out and abuse if your playing the Machina variant

#19 Casey

Casey

SIP MY HATERADE

• Members
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

The deck just needs one or two more good monsters and a good spell/trap that generates tokens. Drago-Sac is something else. So easy to bring out and abuse if your playing the Machina variant

Speaking of the extra deck, this is easily the tightest extra deck Ive ever played. Whats everyone putting in/leaving out?

This is mine:
Extra:15
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Daigusto Emeral
1 Gear Gigant X
1 Inzektor Exa-Beetle
1 Lavalval Chain
1 Lightning Chidori
1 Number 11: Big Eye
1 Number 16: Shock Master
1 Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1 Number 92: Heart-Earth Dragon
1 Phantom Beastcraft - Drago-SAC
1 Photon Strike Bounzer
1 Superdimensional Robot Galaxy Destroyer
1 Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Gustav Max
1 Wind-Up Zenmaines
Posted Image

#20 Fresh

Fresh

Advanced Member

• Yu-Gi-Oh! Moderator
  • 16,891 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

How often do you summon Robo and Heart-Earth? Those two seem useless to me. I'm iffy on the Chain. Your missing Temtempo, Messier 7, Utopia, & Gaia Charger.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Yugioh, YCS, Top 32, Dueling Network, Ban List, Fire Fist, Wind-Up, Macro Rabbit, Mermail, Tournament

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users