• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 methos

methos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

I know this card has 'nt really been released yet . But it can be played on DN . And since there ' re some of us will have it . I ' m hoping for a ruling on this . Here goes . The cards text says , once per battle phase , at the start of your battle phase : you can detach 1 xyz material from this card ; negate the effects of all other face up monsters on the field , and their atk and def become their original atk and def . During your battle phase , if this effect was used this turn and your opponent activates a card effect : this card gains 1000 atk until the end of the battle phase , also it can atk twice each battle this turn . My main question is , when it says " During your battle phase , if this effect was used this turn and your opponent activates a card effect ; this card gains 1000 atk until the end of the battle phase , also it can atk twice each battle this turn . " So , since it says a card effect not specifically a monster effect , then gains 1000 atk , what if a trap or spell cards effect is activated by its being activated through being summoned from being set on the field then flipped ? Since the card text saya your opponents card effect not your opponents monster effect , does this in some way mean traps and spells are negated , although it may only be implied , then GETD gains 1000 atk ? Or does a trap like say sakaretsu armour kill it ? I 'm pretty sure it ' s just monsters , but it never hurts to make sure . Thanx for being patient with some of the questions I come up with !! And thanx for the help !!

#2 Tsunayoshi

Tsunayoshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 12,172 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

Make this understandable please. I cant figure out what in the blue hell you wanna know because of the clustergrape'd wall o' text.

fs_lastplayed.png

JunonSig.png

#3 methos

methos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

When the card says , if a cards effect is activated during your battle phase after removing an xyz material the card gains 1000 atk . It does ' nt say a monsters effect , but a card effect . Does that include traps & spells ? Or would a trap or spell just kill it ? If not why does ' nt the cards text specify that ? When I remove a material at the beginning of battle phase it negates monster effects that are already on the field , but then says this about card effects to  . And it sounds like any card effect in general . So does that make it immune to traps & spells ? Would they just kill it ? If they just kill it what ' s the point about gaining 1000 atk ?

#4 DSS

DSS

Keep Calm and Throw a Blanket Over It

• Yu-Gi-Oh! Moderator
  • 12,405 posts
  • DN:ETCDSS

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

When they say "when a card effect is activated" they mean anything (Monster, Spell, or Trap). And no, GETD isn't immune to Spells and Traps. The point of the ATK boost is because cards like Forbidden Lance and Royal Decree are popular tools to shut down your opponent's plays.

Current Deck: BWs
Trades

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users