Photo

Battlin’ Boxer - Decktype Discussion

g1Nz0 YCS Top 32 Elemental Dragon Mermail Evilswarm Prophecy Fire Fist Yugioh Dueling Network

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 g1Nz0

g1Nz0

Misanthropy Pure

• Administrators
  • 13,005 posts
  • DN:g1Nz0
  • DevPro:g1Nz0

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

• The Battlin' Boxer archetype will see it's release in the pack "Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy". The Battlin' Boxers are a Fire Attribute, and Warrior, group of Monsters that are named after Boxing equipment and terminology. The archetype seems like it was weakened from inception while also being quite linear. Maybe it's because they are of the highly supported Warrior Type, but even when the individual Monster's effect(s) would be nice effects, there is one condition that keeps them from truly delivering the KO in some cases.

Let's Begin:

MONSTERS

Spoiler

SUPPORT MONSTERS

Spoiler

UPCOMING LEVEL 3 SUPPORT

Spoiler

RED / BLUE BATTLIN' BOXER

Spoiler

SPELLS

Spoiler

TRAPS

Spoiler

EXTRA DECK

THE SYNCHRO MONSTERS

Spoiler

THE XYZ MONSTERS

Spoiler

SIDE DECKING FOR BATTLIN' BOXER

Spoiler

COMBOS

Spoiler

DECKS

Spoiler

• Mad Hatter and iSΩΩTtrains like this

ViciousHearts-NobleDead-20-Hootie_zps485

#2 Fresh

Fresh

Advanced Member

• Yu-Gi-Oh! Moderator
  • 16,019 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

The Red/Blue BK concept sounds fun. I'll have to try out. I really like BKs and think they would wreck in a much slower meta. Blasters are pretty good in this as they set off Glassjaw, set up Switchhitter and remove the need for Headgear.

#3 g1Nz0

g1Nz0

Misanthropy Pure

• Administrators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

Yeah it's unfortunate how some of the "smaller" decktypes that are being released are either incomplete strategies or inherently weak against the Meta. But they are fun and great for BS games with your friends. I unless I'm mistaken when the BK's are released they are almost all common and Leadblow is a rare(?) so it will be an easy pick up for fun.

#4 Tenken

Tenken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 7,675 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

Blaster shouldn't set off glassjaw.

Red blue might be interesting. I've been wanting a way to just use the core "engine" without everything else, but it is tough without a way to speed it up.

Big eye is terrible for this deck though.

#5 g1Nz0

g1Nz0

Misanthropy Pure

• Administrators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

Updated with Battlin' Boxer text changes.

#6 g1Nz0

g1Nz0

Misanthropy Pure

• Administrators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:51 PM

Updated the OP.

Another of my decks. Here is what I will be testing this weekend.

2NQtMTU.png

#7 Apollo

Apollo

You Can't Handle The Truth!

• » Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,011 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

Deck seems like it cold become quite nasty once they get their Monster Reborn card.

Posted Image

#8 Tenken

Tenken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 7,675 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

I may be wrong but I don't like the choices in that. I would rather protection than give them a free 1000. Maxx C in the undefined format may be ok but three is risky when I prefer veiler (although I use chameleons). Kaiser well you know my opinion I still need to explain though. Missed the three brokers wow that is a. Heavy trap line.

#9 g1Nz0

g1Nz0

Misanthropy Pure

• Administrators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:18 PM

You're wrong, I don't need your explanation.

#10 Tenken

Tenken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 7,675 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

Wow pretty harsh. Sorry my cock isn't as attractive as Waffles.
Also sorry if I come off that rude normally, not my intention usually.

Do you have evidence that I am wrong? How many games have you played where it helps or hurts you. I am not asking for a big number just seeing if you actually tested it.

I see no reason why either vanity or Kaiser are good and you have made no real point saying they are. True I need to and will post my views. And whatever dont read them, not like we want to get members involved in discussion. We just want to suck each other's junk.

Why was vanity never used before dragons? Because people didn't know? No because it didn't serve a great purpose. Did the topdeck special summon? Hell yes mermail special summoned. But the card itself just sits there and hopes you get there.

If I have a Yoke on field, would I rather have an emptyness or a compulsory? How can a player answe yoke? Big eye and d prison. None of them are huge threats at this time but I would rather let my opponent bring a big eye out and bottomless or compulse it over just standing behind an emptyness. Now they lost actual cards, you gained something. What other threats is emptiness really stopping? Ok it stops a swarm that is maybe it not so great if I can get them to commit to a plan and then ruin it.

Dragons was acc format where special summons were everything and you had decent bosses backed by massive advantage. This isn't some dragon mirror. This is a control deck vs everything.

If you actually need three returning all ives you are honestly not playing correctly.
Three upstarts may work hey. But I want to win as fast as possible by yoke pressure and extra l.p. stops that, when face it you aren't drawing some godly card.
Max, ok maybe I have just not run into mermails. Plant dragons may be big but it may also just be a fad. Why would I expose myself to the risk of three. But I admitted it may work.

I know you run compiler and bottomless. My point was just I would rather run more of those over just cards that sit and do nothing to progress my actual gamestate. Sorry if it poorly typed out.

Edited by Tenken, 30 August 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#11 Apollo

Apollo

You Can't Handle The Truth!

• » Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,011 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

You're wrong, I don't need your explanation.

Holy overreaction, Batman!

The issue with saying who is right/wrong at this point is that it is futile, because at best we're making a guess at what will be the top 6-8 decks that will see play. In reality, only 3-4 of those decks will end up being seriously competitive. Until those decks flush themselves out, all we can do simply do is test different things out and hope we're heading in the right direction.

Edited by Apollo, 30 August 2013 - 05:44 PM.

Posted Image

#12 g1Nz0

g1Nz0

Misanthropy Pure

• Administrators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:02 PM

Kaiser well you know my opinion I still need to explain though.

The quote I have above was what I was talking about since I thought this was directed at me. We discussed the card else where in the other thread, and it was quite obvious we disagreed, I didn't think an explanation was necessary for me, if that was indeed a comment to me. That is all. As for the deck itself, I have played lots of games with it, granted not under the new format, but the deck, and the card choices did well. I haven't tested Kaiser, but I mentioned that I felt it was interesting and would be worth MY time to test when I got around to it. Hopefully this is better.

#13 Fresh

Fresh

Advanced Member

• Yu-Gi-Oh! Moderator
  • 16,019 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:49 PM

I actually like Kaiser in here, though it seems like you want to run three of it to see it but you're running Upstart. I don't think Upstart works in here though as this is a deck that giving your opponent an extra 1000 is really bad. You can't put enough damage on the board. Warrior Returning Alive is interesting, maybe cut it to two? I would run Thrasher over Goblindergh.

#14 g1Nz0

g1Nz0

Misanthropy Pure

• Administrators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

I actually like Kaiser in here, though it seems like you want to run three of it to see it but you're running Upstart. I don't think Upstart works in here though as this is a deck that giving your opponent an extra 1000 is really bad. You can't put enough damage on the board. Warrior Returning Alive is interesting, maybe cut it to two? I would run Thrasher over Goblindergh.

Don't like Thrasher, he was like the first generic Rank 4 support I tested long ago. If I were going to drop Goblin it would be for Chameleon since it still allows me to make the same plays as Goblin, just from a different locale; Graveyard. This is bound to change a lot, though, since this is almost the exact skeleton from last format, lol. When we test this weekend I'm sure there will be a few casual games and I will throw this down on the table and I will know a bit better.

#15 Fresh

Fresh

Advanced Member

• Yu-Gi-Oh! Moderator
  • 16,019 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:01 PM

Don't like Thrasher, he was like the first generic Rank 4 support I tested long ago. If I were going to drop Goblin it would be for Chameleon since it still allows me to make the same plays as Goblin, just from a different locale; Graveyard. This is bound to change a lot, though, since this is almost the exact skeleton from last format, lol. When we test this weekend I'm sure there will be a few casual games and I will throw this down on the table and I will know a bit better.

Preference I suppose. He is a big guy that can bait back row if need be. I haven't played this deck in forever but Chameleon certainly gives the deck more versatility. Maybe I'll play with the deck tonight and see what I can come up with

Edited by Fresh, 30 August 2013 - 07:01 PM.

• g1Nz0 likes this

#16 Tyrant

Tyrant

Grumpy Not Mod

• » Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,756 posts
  • DN:`King

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

Veiler is 100% staple in this.

Posted Image

#17 g1Nz0

g1Nz0

Misanthropy Pure

• Administrators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

Veiler is 100% staple in this.

Indeed, not sure if I want to keep Maxx C in the Main deck or if I do if I want it at three still.

#18 Waffles

Waffles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

Did someone mention my attractive cock...?

SvartalfoftheNordicAlfar89x90_zps816cafeSvartalfoftheNordicAlfar89x90_zps816cafeSvartalfoftheNordicAlfar89x90_zps816cafeSvartalfoftheNordicAlfar89x90Flipped_zpsSvartalfoftheNordicAlfar89x90Flipped_zpsSvartalfoftheNordicAlfar89x90Flipped_zps

...and I still miss Val.

#19 Waffles

Waffles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

And I might as well contribute a deck as well,

Monsters: 12

12x Level 4 BB's

Spells: 15

3x Upstart Goblin

3x TWRA

3x MST

2x Forbidden Lance

1x Book of Moon

1x Dark Hole

1x Foolish Burial

1x RotA

Traps: 13

3x Fiendish Chain

3x Call of the Haunted

2x Mirror Force

2x Imperial Iron Wall

1x Solemn Warning

1x Compulsory Evacuation Device

1x Torrential Tribute

Total: 40

All about speed, for the most part. and I LOVE imperial iron wall in here.

SvartalfoftheNordicAlfar89x90_zps816cafeSvartalfoftheNordicAlfar89x90_zps816cafeSvartalfoftheNordicAlfar89x90_zps816cafeSvartalfoftheNordicAlfar89x90Flipped_zpsSvartalfoftheNordicAlfar89x90Flipped_zpsSvartalfoftheNordicAlfar89x90Flipped_zps

...and I still miss Val.

#20 g1Nz0

g1Nz0

Misanthropy Pure

• Administrators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

I like that build, but I still haven't convinced myself to be done with Blaster and Effect Veiler at this point. Also, I feel that some other way to support generic Xyz Summons has been quite vital so I'm not sure about the strict BB line-up. Lead Blow is awesome as hell, but in games, you need access to others that the deck is generally slow to make.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: g1Nz0, YCS, Top 32, Elemental Dragon, Mermail, Evilswarm, Prophecy, Fire Fist, Yugioh, Dueling Network

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)