• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DatShuckle

DatShuckle

The Macro Shuckle

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:03 PM

All right everyone. With a brand new meta rising from beneath us, what are you playtesting for this format, and what decks are you expecting to arise from our first event? (Do you think that ARG Tennessee will have an impact at how the meta will shape up, or do you think we already have a stabilized meta?)

#2 Fresh

Fresh

Advanced Member

• Yu-Gi-Oh! Moderator
  • 16,787 posts
  • DN:Williamsftd

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

All right everyone. With a brand new meta rising from beneath us, what are you playtesting for this format, and what decks are you expecting to arise from our first event? (Do you think that ARG Tennessee will have an impact at how the meta will shape up, or do you think we already have a stabilized meta?)

I still feel the meta is relatively unknown and unpredictable.  I don't see a clear best deck even though I'm heavily leaning toward Prophecy just because of how easily they can destroy Fire Fist and Geargia. The deck still gets too many brick hands for my liking though. You also have to consider Noble Knights and other Tier 2 and lower archetypes (Infernity, Hieratic, etc) that have gotten better. 

Edited by Fresh, 17 January 2014 - 10:17 PM.

#3 g1Nz0

g1Nz0

Misanthropy Pure

• Administrators
  • 14,604 posts
  • DN:g1Nz0
  • DevPro:g1Nz0

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

If the ARG Circuit Series happens first, it will without a doubt influence the meta in regards to helping it take shape. As far as what the best decks are, that really can't be pin pointed until the premier events happen. Well in regards to pointing out one deck that just kind of separates itself from the rest. The game is as it always is before premier events begin which is an ebb and flow of expected decks grabbing the attention of players. People hop around from deck to deck testing any, and almost every, deck that creates any pre-premier event buzz. They want to have an edge whether it be on refining a particular deck, or to just knowing how the deck plays against the deck they eventually pilot in the event. There have been a lot decks pre-premier event that have created buzz and maintained it, even if only at Regional level. Hieratic, Geargia, Fire Fist, Prophecy and Mermail should be expected in droves. But your Side Deck should be as flexible as possible. You want your Side Deck to mirror a Regional style Side Deck in regards to how you plan for a Regional; you expect to see a less focused meta. Once the format develops and has it's character defined, Side Decks become more focused and direct in regards to specific match-ups.

ViciousHearts-NobleDead-20-Hootie_zps485

#4 Tobeinspired

Tobeinspired

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:13 AM

Mermail and maybe Geargia again. In my opinion anything exceed based+heiaratics. I doubt any synchro based builds  will top. I'd play the best players in the area. Anything that gets played a lot will have someone running it who probably did the same. I'd like to see how some builds counter mermail besides it being somewhat easy for heiractics to win.

You have a long ways to go,
Whatever you do don’t twitch those toes,
Not to dismiss memory for ever more,
Moving feet like that which is not set in stone,
Gracefully people walk transiently
A long love goes into it,
Eternity we end up fighting mortality,
Frailty of thought is a cumbersome thing,
If one travels without memory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users